Edifier specializes in sound systems. They offer a wide range of speakers, music systems, and headphones for personal & home entertainment as well as professional excellence.
Established in May 1996 in Beijing, China, Edifier Technology Co., Ltd is the brainchild of a small group of enterprising music lovers. Guided by the principle “A Passion for Sound”, Edifier has emerged as a world-class manufacturer of award-winning sound systems to serve audiences from all walks of life.
Throughout the company's growth, they have adapted to the way music is made, shared and experienced. The Edifier team pride themselves on products that showcase exceptional designs at premium quality, while maintaining affordability for the masses.
Today, Edifier serves music lovers worldwide through their distributors in over 70 countries, with operations in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific.
The growing Edifier family consists of 3,000 dedicated employees worldwide.
Their state-of-the art manufacturing facilities produce 8 million units every year for home, consumer electronics and PC multimedia applications.
- April 1998 - Established first production center in Beijing, China
- 1999 - Became the first to manufacture 2.1 and 4.1 speakers with wooden enclosures in China. The satellite + subwoofer design made Edifier a household brand across Mainland China for their computer speakers.
- 2000 - Edifier introduced its range of 5.1 speakers that featuring built-in decoders and remote controls.
- 2001 - Established production center in Shenzhen, China
- 2003 - Dominated speaker market in China with >50% market share.
- 2004 - Debut Edifier Lifestyle range of home entertainment speakers
- 2005 - Debut compact speakers for laptops and MP3 players
- 2007 - Headquarters relocates to Shenzhen with continued operations in Beijing. Edifier begins design and planning for additional manufacturing facility in Dongguan.
- 2013 - Established the Edifier Angel Sound Foundation for children with impaired hearing. Through the foundation, more than 60 children have received cochlear implants. In 2013, Edifier renewed its commitment to the foundation with an additional ¥3 million commitment for the next three years.
- February 5, 2010 - Edifier launched its Initial public offering becoming the first public listed audio speaker company in China
- August, 2010 - Edifier's new advanced manufacturing facility in Dongguan is ready. All production lines are relocated to the state-of-the-art facility.
- 2011 - Established the Edifier Music Foundation. Through the foundation, aspiring musicians receive scholarships to cover costs for tuition, instruments, professional exchange, competitions, recitals and concerts. Any young Chinese musicians who has a passion for music can apply online where recipients are hand-picked by a panel of experts.
- March, 2011 - 100% acquisition of STAX, a high-end Japanese electrostatic earspeaker company
- 2013 - Edifier debuts portable speakers with the MP260 Bric Connect. Today, Edifier has a complete mix of portable bluetooth speakers.
- 2014 - Edifier debuts the Luna series of home theatre speakers.
- 2015 - Edifier released its Soundbars with subwoofer for home entertainment.
|CES Innovation Design and Engineering||Luna Eclipse Apollo||2015|
|CES Innovation Design and Engineering||Spinnaker||2012|
|CES Innovation Design and Engineering||Sound To Go||2011|
|Red Dot Design||Sound To Go||2011|
|iF product design award||Sound To Go||2011|
|Red Dot Design||Aurora||2009|
|iF product design award||S730||2008|
Click here for more info...